The Power To Change Programme is a nationally recognised programme to help survivors of domestic abuse to identify abusive situations and develop the confidence to take control of their lives, and keep themselves and their children safe.
The group is activity based and focuses on empowerment in a supportive environment to help with the understanding of experiences and how to move on positively.
The course Covers:
- Basic rights and definitions of abuse
- Why is it hard to leave?
- Families and children
- Coping with fear, grief and guilt
- Assertiveness skills, techniques & boundary setting
- Coping with anger
- Assertiveness techniques
- Dealing with requests and authority figures
- Healthy relationships
- Endings and new beginnings